Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Guest Blog Post: Feathers Please!








Trois Femmes would like to present you with our very first, Guest Blogger Post. Lani Beck, fashion editor and design liaison of Handbago shares her current obsession, Feathers!







Feathers. I love them. I loved them last summer. I love them now. I will love them this summer as well. There's something so whimsical yet elegant in the movement of feathers on fashion. They're beautiful to look at and even better to play with. And what's even better? They just happen to scream "High Fashion" and resonate a sort of playful and vogue feeling to any look. What do I want now? Feather infused accessories and handbags! Angel Jackson is an up and coming handbag designer based out of the UK whose creative designs always happen to be a show stopper. From luxe leather to over-the-top embellishment, handbag designs with fringe, glitter, creative hardware and…feathers…fold together to create the Angel Jackson aesthetic.



Rather than wearing accessories that are part of the normal day-to-day wear, I love pieces that pop and make a statement. Sure, you could wear cool feather earrings or a gold cuff in the shape of a feather. That would still be cool, in my opinion. How do you take it up just another notch? Try wearing feather accessories in our hair, and do so without making yourself look like a bird yourself. I'm obsessed with and plan on getting feather extensions in my hair. In fact, I've been begging my stylist to get these extensions in stat! These beautiful feathers clip into your hair like an ordinary hair extension. And just like you normally would with your own hair, you can shampoo, condition, blow-dry and iron away with ease! These feather accessories add interest to any look and can be snipped down to fit any length of hair.

Don't want to go through the trouble of getting feather extensions that you couldn't take out and put back in as you wish? I've found this peacock feather headband that highlights that whimsical look with feathers, but can be taken off at any time. This headband is from Miss Selfridge with a length of twenty inches, so you can leave long for an exaggerated look or cut short to fit your hair length.



-Lani (Follow Lani and Handbago on Twitter)


I have to agree with Lani, I too am obsessed with feathers. As you can see in some of the photos me, Shirl and Sherr have posted on our blog, we have many tattoos. I guess you can say I took it to the next level after getting the feather hair extensions, I made mine permanent and got a feather tattoo! But now I have my eyes on those Angel Jackson handbags. A must have for all three of us!

We would like to thank Lani for doing a post with Trois Femmes. Hope they're more to come!

*trois femmes*

2 comments:

  1. Woww! She is really obsessed with feathers. And im obsessed with the two strap black feather bag. It's stylish and convenient for a woman to carry. Feather hair extensions I wouldnt do but a tattoo sounds fun. Does a feather symbolize anything? I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ashley, thanks for checking out our post! Isn't that bag great?! I want! LOL...

    Feathers have many meanings. In Christianity feathers represented virtues-symbolizing Charity, hope, and faith. Some say it represents courage and strength, relating to the Sun & Creator. Native Americans think they are the Sacred universal symbol of flight within the spirit world & serves as messenger to Great Spirit.
    *Rae

    ReplyDelete