Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"DJ Just Play that Song Cause I Want to Be Dancing All Night Long"





Brooklyn Bowl-
61 Wythe Avenue in Williamsburg, Brooklyn
One block from the Waterfront
June 18th, 2010

Brooklyn Bowl is the definition of 21st century entertainment. With a 16-lane bowling alley, a bar, music (live band or dj) and food by Blue Ribbon Restaurant (delish!), what more can you ask for? But the evening got even better for me that night when one of my favorite entertainers made an appearance and did her thang on the 1's & 2's- SOLANGE KNOWLES!
Solange took us back to the 80's that night with clips from Soul Train on the jumbo TV screens & some classics being spun from Hip Hop, Rock, R&B, a bit of it all. Her DJ Set included Salt n Pepa's "Push It", Lauryn Hill's "Doo Wop (That Thing)", Prince's "When Doves Cry", "Fancy Footwork" from Chromeo and hits from Janet Jackson, Michael Jackson and Mase. At one point the whole floor started doing the Electric Slide and Solange said, "You know its a party when everyone is up doing the Electric Slide". It felt like a total party that night and everyone was boogieing down! I especially loved when she made us "Jump!", that totally took me back.
The only thing I regret that night is not getting a picture with Solange. Other than that me and my girls (Sherr, Shirl & Tye) had a blast. Stuffed from Blue Ribbon Cuisine and grooved to great music spun by Miss Knowles. I even love the fact that her stylist and friend,Ty (Tyrone) came out to show love. If I had the dough I would love to book Solange to do our 25th b-day in September (wishful thinking). Hope this will not be the last I get to see Solange spin because she was fab!




-xoxO Rae

2 comments:

  1. I love Solange's style - sounds like she did an awesome job DJ'ing!

    I love the concept behind your blog, I can't wait to read more

    ReplyDelete
  2. she definitely did!
    thanks so much..more is coming soon.

    -shirley-

    ReplyDelete