Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pucker Up

I have to say, I never was much of a makeup girl growing up. Sure I bought the lip glosses that were "in style" like my friends did but I never wore them half as much as they did. My regular Chap Stick was my "go to" product, never liked the super gloss feeling all over my lips. I think around my 24th birthday is when I started to take a liking to lipstick, but found the matte look to be best on me. I was also glad to see the matte finish rip the runways in some S/S 2010 and F/W 2010 Fashion Shows. Not saying that the glossy look is over, Prada's Spring 2010 version was hot with the overly saturated lips but I'm more of a matte chic. Here are some of my favorite matte picks in all shades:

Going Nude: (lots of you prob know the old trick, where you can use a bit of concealer on the lips then your lip gloss but now we have many new shades to choose sans the concealer)

1. NARS-Bangkok Pure- 3:1 Phillip Lim's S/F 2010 Show, NARS Cosmetics "beat the face" and featured a gorgeous lip. New for Fall 2010- Bangkok Pure (Matte)


2. GOSH Velvet Touch Lipstick#134 in Darling
FIERY HOT:

1. REVLON Matte Lipstick in Really Red (as wore on my b-day, below)2. MAC Lady Danger (a vivid bright coral-red matte)


3. MAYBELLINE COLOR SENSATIONAL in Coral Crush (not totally matte)

-xoxO Rae

2 comments:

  1. I can't rock the nude lip look but I love it so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the nude look does look great, but you have to really know your shade, im in the same boat as you i dont think i can rock the nudes lol or mayb i havent found the right shade yet. sherry

    ReplyDelete